Sunday, July 23, 2023

Top Bible verses on desiring holiness

  1. Each (seraph/angel) cried to the other and said, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory." (Isaiah 6:3)
  2. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)
  3. Faith, hope, and love remain: the greatest of these is love. (I Corinthians 13:13)
  4. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10)
  5. The spirit of the LORD shall rest on him: The spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and fear of the Lord. (Isaiah 11:2)
  6. To him who overcomes ... I will give a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which none knows except the one who receives it. (Revelation 2:17)
  7. He showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. (Revelation 22:1)
  8. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8)

If anyone has favorites that I haven't thought of, I'd be glad to hear them. 

4 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

That's a good list. Off-hand, I can't add to it.

Weekend Fisher said...

Thank you, & good to see you.

Take care & God bless
Anne / WF

Aron Wall said...

How about Isaiah 57:15:

For this is what the high and exalted One says— he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite."

Weekend Fisher said...

Now there is a verse I haven't appreciated properly before. Thank you!
& Good to see you around!

Take care & God bless
Anne / WF