Sunday, June 07, 2009

Liturgy of Matthew: Seasonals

Here is my first draft of the seasonal sentences for the Liturgy of the Gospel of Matthew:

Advent: Mary shall bring forth a son, and he shall be named Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins. (Matt 1:21)

Christmas: It was fulfilled what the Lord spoke by the prophet: They shall call his name Emmanuel, which means God With Us. (Matt 1:22-23)

Epiphany: Coming into the house where the child was with Mary his mother, the wise men fell down and worshiped him. (Matt 2:11)

Lent: From that time forth, Jesus taught that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things, and be killed, and be raised again on the third day. (Matt 16:21)

Resurrection: The angel answered, "Fear not, for I know you seek Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here. He is risen!" (Matt 28:5-6)

Pentecost: I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who comes after me shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. (Matt 3:11)

Sundays after Pentecost: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy-burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest for your souls. (Matt 11:28-29)

End Times (Troubled times): The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent forth servants saying, "I have prepared my dinner and all things are ready. Come to the wedding banquet." (Matt 22:2, 4)

End Times (Untroubled times): Watch, for you do not know at what hour your Lord will come. (Matt 24:42)

No comments: