Friday, November 11, 2005

Against the rumors that I'm not actually a Christian ...

I took a quiz over at QuizGalaxy that pegged me as a complete agnostic. I've never met a quiz on which I hit the exact bullseye on someone's axes before. I think the problem is actually that I don't fit the quiz very neatly. They have "faith" and "reason" at opposite ends of one axis, then "scientific" and "spiritual" at opposite ends of another axis. I see faith and reason as fully integrated (if your faith isn't solidly established, it's not "faith" but "wishful thinking"). I also don't see any inherent contradiction between being "scientific" and being "spiritual". Since those pairs are given as polar opposites, I have to suspect the quiz of having been made by a person very biased against religion ...

The poll concludes (very incorrectly) that I'm ambivalent towards religion and find that religion and spirituality are unimportant in my life ... which just goes to prove that if you ask a limited set of questions that have a certain bias, you'll get answers that have a limited applicability.

Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com

No comments: