Sunday, January 21, 2024

Whatever is worthy of praise

I find myself overwhelmed lately by my workload, and drawing on St Paul's advice: "Whatever is worthy of praise, think on these things." You may already be familiar with Pentatonix. Their cover/remix of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is on the shortlist of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. To add a layer, here is a video of someone who had never heard of Pentatonix and didn't know he was in for a treat, hearing their rendition of Hallelujah for the first time. I enjoy watching his face change from respect for their competence (they start slow) to appreciation for their harmonies to sheer joy by the finale as they perform what may be the best rendition of the song that has been made. 

G.O.T Games first time hearing Pentatonix

These are some of those things that restore my soul. 


No comments: