Monday, May 26, 2008

Spiritual resources for the terminally ill and caregivers: I will raise him up at the last day

"Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:49-54)
Jesus has promised that he will raise us up at the last day. His own resurrection shows us that he can do that for us. What remains is for us to rest on his words and lean on them.

No comments: