Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Spiritual resources for the terminally ill and caregivers?

I recently found out that my neighbor is terminally ill. His children and my children are about the same age, so I've gotten to know this neighbor over the years. His daughter will be turning 15 soon, and his son is 12.

A few years ago our family went through a rough spot when several of my relatives died in quick succession. Some time later I put together a Bible study that was more my notes from having gone through that than anything else, a Bible study more geared towards giving spiritual nourishment than towards giving information.

So the long story short is that the next series on this blog will be a little unusual: spiritual resources for the terminally ill and their caregivers.

I'll post the table of contents here and then update it with links as the posts are published:

Contents: Spiritual resources for the terminally ill and their caregivers

Part 1: How Jesus' death shows us what to expect
Many people think it is "Christian" never to admit to fear (especially desperate or wild fear), bitterness, weakness and so forth. Looking at Christ helps cure us of unreasonable expectations.

Part 2: How Jesus' life anchors our hope
Christ gave more than just instruction. He gave us hope.

No comments: