Sunday, November 04, 2007

The Google Meme

Dr. Platypus has an interesting meme.
I’d like to suggest a meme, where the premise is that you will attempt to find 5 statements, which if you were to type into google (preferably google.com, but we’ll take the other country specific ones if need be), you’ll find that you are returned with your blog as the number one hit.

Here are my results from November 4, 2007:
  1. crucified God patristic examples
  2. Christian reconciliation carnival
  3. essential visits for theologians
  4. Talmud messianic prophecy
  5. Tolkien Lothlorien visions paradise


Of course, those are the things I'm somewhat pleased return this blog. There are other things that return this blog that are probably just plain goofy ("pet peeves homosexuality debate" also returned me as the top hit). Then there are ones where I just am not on Google's radar, and it's probably a reflection of my poor priorities. For example, when it comes to "Christ-centered systematic theology", Google never heard of me. "Forgiveness of sins through Christ"? Google never heard of me. "Love of God in action"? Likewise.

The Christian blogger's prayer: may my words reflect your Word and all glory be yours only.

Anyone else want to play?

2 comments:

Drew Tatusko said...

Hi... I have been reading your blog for a about a week now and this was an interesting little game especially since I just changed the file structure on my blog. But here were some of my top hits:

dogmatic idolatry radical love
Atheism, the Wager, the Burden of Proof, and the Qualitative Leap
satisfactory knowledge lifeworld matrix
wager win lose reform faith
Impact Motivated Belief Experience

I did a few other combinations I through would land me something at least on the first page but nope. Although dogmatic idolatry did not land me a hit, "Dogmatic Idolatry" in quotes got me the first one, so I did not count it. It's also related to how old the posts are. Older ones got better results.

Weekend Fisher said...

So which ones did you hope would land you on the first page? I was hoping "visions of paradise" would land me up there since I'd done a series on it, but no dice ...