Some people pull an Anne Rice and make a big show of storming out the door, lobbing dramatic accusations over the shoulder on the way out. (Who knows, it may do some good; God has used odder things to make a positive difference.) I've recently posted why I don't take that route of giving up on Christianity. So how about a meme, for those who are familiar with the frustrations:
- Name 3 things that really annoy you about church in general.
- Name 3 reasons why you stay.
Name 3 things that really annoy you about church in general
1. The cruelty and vindictiveness of some of the arguments between groups
2. The arrogance of people who are sure that all the good is on their particular side of an argument
3. The way church authority has worked out to stifling discussion about what is right, and has basically meant toeing the party line wherever you may happen to be.
Name 3 reasons why you stay
2. God is trying to bless us
3. God is trying to let us be a blessing to the world
Anyone who has frustrations is invited to respond with what they are and why they stay.