Monday, December 06, 2010

What is the Christian response to the blame game?

Earlier today I found myself googling to find a Christian response to the blame game, when accusations start to fly and fingers start to point. A group I'm involved with looks like it will soon be having a moment like that.

While I didn't find anything I really found suitable on the web, it turns out that Jesus did already explain it to us when he said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." So if what we we want is to get fair credit for our contributions, and not to be blamed unjustly for problems beyond our control, and for everyone to pull together and find a constructive way forward ... then that's what to do for others. The first step is to resist the urge to defend by pointing the finger.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Ooh, now that's a subtle trick of the devil, isn't it? The urge to defend by pointing the finger, I mean.

Methinks you may need more than luck, you may need prayer. So I'm offering one for you right now, if it isn't too late.

Do let us know the outcome, will you?

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

You could just say what you've said here, that we need to follow the Golden Rule and find a constructive way forward.

Weekend Fisher said...

You're the best! I really appreciate the prayers.

Today's adventures went past with ... not so many adventures.

It's funny, between your prayers and mine and generally having pre-thought the temptations likely to come, it was pretty manageable.

If only I could always see it coming ... but practice is practice, ey?

Thanks again for the prayers. It means a lot to me.

Take care & God bless
Anne / WF

Martin LaBar said...

God helped!

Weekend Fisher said...

God is good. :)

Take care & God bless
Anne / WF