Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas, interrupting business as usual

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwell in the land of the shadow of death, on them the light has shined. ... For unto us a child is born. (Isaiah 9:2, 6)
All year long, we go about business as usual -- and often, "business as usual" is living in darkness, and the shadow of death.

God interrupts business as usual. And God in his wisdom did not send mere words but a child, who in his wisdom did not come to condemn but to forgive. And there lies our hope.

3 comments:

Howard said...

Meant to send you some season greetings in the form of a video of work with my muse that is artistic and inoffensive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMZsEfvHvR8
Hope you enjoy,
Howard.

Weekend Fisher said...

Thank you. That's fun. I haven't seen the remake of Alice yet. I take it that you liked it?

I'll look forward to the mini-movie. :)

Take care & God bless
Anne / WF

Howard said...

Tim Burton movies, I find, are a mixed bag, but Magenta is a wonderfully creative force (she'd come up with her ideas, made the dress, etc, prior to the film's release), so I was delighted to be involved in this project.

I'll keep you posted on any future updates.