- Although I telecommute, I really do work with real deadlines and real projects. Interruptions need to be kept to a genuine minimum.
- The children's assignment grades and school report cards are between them and me, even if they are good grades. It's a matter of their privacy.
- Everybody keeps the door shut when going to the bathroom; it's a house rule.
- Everybody has their own spot at the table, including Grandma. Nobody gets displaced. If someone wants their usual spot, the person who has it (Grandma) has to get up or, better yet, have started at their own place to begin with.
- Grandma does not parent the children or send them to fetch for her. If she needs something, she goes through Mom.
- Everybody has a place to sleep at night. We sleep there, not the couch.
- Regular baths/showers are required here.
- Everyone gets a turn at the TV. It does not stay on news programs all day.
- When in the public areas of the house, we wear things that cover us decently for being in public.
Missing the days when I could concentrate on more edifying things. Hope they'll be back soon.